Applications to Oil & Gas
- IoT technology trends
- IoT connectivity architectures
- Operational technology opportunities in industry context
- Implications of IoT
- Evolving completely automated enterprise
- Describe non-human data creation, communication and actions
- Map IoT elements onto logical information control design models
- Recognize the implications of increased connectivity
- Develop a basic Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) model
- Optimize the design and function of IIoT systems
Main Target Group
- Professionals who want to learn effective techniques to adopt IoT technologies
- Technical professionals in the oil and gas industry
- Leaders and professionals in business and government organizations that deal with energy resources
- Researchers and educators in the arena of engineering and digital transformation
- Professionals with interest in smart connected products and future digital operations
Day One – Fundamentals of IoT
- IoT overview
- IoT key features
- IoT components
- IoT advantages and motivation
- IoT challenges and risks
Day Two – IIoT in the oil industry
- IIoT architecture
- Mapping IIoT elements
- Basic automation process control
- Open vs closed automation systems
- Real-world process automation and control
Day Three – Implications of IoT
- Digital intensity
- Digital maturity
- Digital transformation
- IoT proposal development
- IoT proposal presentation
Day Four – IoT Big Data Analytics
- Big data 4 features
- Levels of analytics
- Opportunity assessment framework for big data analytics
- Applications in oil & gas
- Plant information system for oilfield and refining/petrochemical facilities
Day Five – Cybersecurity
- Understanding the threat
- Oilfield as a critical infrastructure
- Cybersecurity Vs. physical security
- System-based approach
- Integrated solutions
online and onsite
Alternatively: 5 week, 8 hours per week (available only online)
online: It is per day per person
special group enrolment price: get a 20% discount if you enroll with at least two colleagues
onsite: + mobilization cost
Upon completion of the course, PlutosTech grants a verified digital certificate of completion to the delegates.
This training course will utilize a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information and innovative methods presented. This includes presentation of theoretical concepts, team and individual exercises, case study analyses, educational videos, lab exercises and real-life applications. Participants in this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline.
The delegates will also be acquainted with the design and implementation of IoT systems and defend the decisions made.
Why choose this Training Course?
How can emerging smart connected products transform the oil and gas industry across the board? More and more instruments are being connected to each other in the competition towards a completely automated enterprise to create digital value proposition that distinguish the enterprise from others.
Participants in this course will gain first-hand exposure to new advantages generated through adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, while honing digital engineering skills required to boost competitiveness.
As more instruments are connected to each other creating non-human data, communication and actions, the IoT phenomena will dominate and inevitably result in tectonic shift in workplace digital skills requirements. Digital successful companies will witness more hybrid engineers who possess both digital and technical asset skills.
The delegates will acquire knowledge and hands-on experience to become more effective developers, evaluators and users of IoT systems and platforms. They will learn strategies to perform quality check and make strategic recommendations to embark on opportunities.